Cook Book Review: The French Laundry Cook Book by Thomas Keller
The French Laundry Cookbook is filled with exquisite cooking techniques straight from legendary Chef Thomas Keller’s Napa Valley restaurant. His methods are innovative and unique – like how to use vinegar to create the best flavor, how to get a perfectly poached egg, and how to flawlessly sautee a fish to perfection. Still, they are amazingly simple methods for cooking that let you re-create the French Laundry experience right at home.
This collection of 150 amazing recipes doesn’t skip over anything – these cooking techniques and tips are exactly what Thomas Keller uses at his renowned Napa Valley restaurant. Also included in The French Laundry Cookbook are a variety of unique stories, photos, biographies and more notes from French Laundry that come together to showcase a fantastic profile of both the chef and the impeccable food he creates.
So if you can’t get to Napa Valley anytime soon, The French Laundry Cookbook is a great option to help you create what Wine Spectator calls “as close to dining perfection as it gets.”
- Do the rewards of being a chef outweigh the hardships?
- Who is the best cook or chef in the world?
- What should I do to stop my family from causing cross-contamination while cooking?
- What is the best way to learn the chemistry behind cooking?
- What is the best way to blanch vegetables and greens? How much nutrition is retained after this process?