Cook Book Review: Culinary Artistry by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page
Culinary Artistry by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page explains the craft of cooking as something like a dance or a play. If you want to learn more about how artistry comes into play when you’re cooking, this is a perfect cook book for you.
Culinary Artistry is a collection of interviews with dozens of leading chefs in the US, including Daniel Bouluud, Jean-Louis Palladin, and Jeremiah Tower. This book delves deep into what inspires the best chefs, and ultimately the best meals. A perfect blend of recipes and anecdotes accurately describes the true artistry of cooking, from ingredient selection to flavor enhancement techniques and planning the perfect menu.
This excellent cook book by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page describes that “culinary voice” we believe so strongly in, and how any particular meal can truly become a communication between the chef and the guest.
- Do the rewards of being a chef outweigh the hardships?
- Who is the best cook or chef in the world?
- What should I do to stop my family from causing cross-contamination while cooking?
- What is the best way to learn the chemistry behind cooking?
- What is the best way to blanch vegetables and greens? How much nutrition is retained after this process?